Friday, 27 August 2010

Old Time Glamour..


..is how I describe these pieces.  A vintage three-quarter standard lamp base, which I painted gold then made a tall drum shade with gold fringing.  The height and shape of the shade gives the lamp a more contemporary look. In my (very big) book Gold = Glamour!  The mirror was vintage style but is actually only about 10 years old. The silver had been slightly damaged, which I quite like but I decided to help it on it's way by removing more!  It's a very imperfect science and the result can be a bit unpredictable. Once de-silvered I used the same fabric as on the shade to back the mirror.  The result is a nice pair of glamourous ReVamps!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love both of these but especially the mirror!!! Its gorgeous...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow....fabulous and good luck for the 1st...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck for tomorrow Moira, you and all of your beautiful re vamped stuff will knock them dead, enjoy and have loads of fun with Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comments left!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...